HEMJOY DOG HOTEL – KENNELS IN BERKSHIRE
- We will need to see a current vaccination certificate with up-to-date vaccinations against Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, and Leptospirosis. Your veterinary surgeon can advise you on this. We prefer that the vaccinations are done at least 2 weeks before your dog arrives. We cannot accept any dog who has not been vaccinated within the last 12 months.
- We will ask for a contact telephone number from you.
- We will ask for the name and telephone number of your veterinary surgery. We will contact them, or our own vet, if at any point our trained staff are concerned about the health of your dog.
- All guests are housed individually, unless you would like your family of dogs to holiday together.
- Each dog has a well-insulated, warm and comfortable bedroom area, and all have their own run attached.
- We provide comfortable beds and clean, warm bedding. But please feel free to bring along any favourite item of bedding or a toy to make your dog feel at home straight away.
- Heating is provided in the winter and on any other chilly days.
- All dogs are exercised daily by the kennel staff, in one of our enclosed exercise fields.
- We have a separate kitchen for preparing meals.
- We serve high-quality branded foods. We have available Eukanuba, Bakers, James Wellbeloved, Chum and Chappie amongst others. But please tell us what your dog normally prefers and we will do our best to provide it.
- Please tell us if your dog has any special dietary requirements. If your dog is on a veterinary prescription diet, please bring it with you, as we may not be able to obtain this ourselves.
- Our trained staff are very proficient at giving ongoing medication, for example thyroid and arthritis treatments.
- We are experienced at giving injections to diabetic dogs, either once or twice daily, as advised by your veterinary surgeon.
- There is no extra charge for this service.
WHAT TO PACK
- Please feel free to bring along a favourite item of bedding or a toy to make your dog feel at home straight away.
- Don’t forget your dog’s vaccination certificate!
- Please bring any medication with you.
- Please bring your dog on a lead.
We hope your dog has a very happy holiday with us!