HEMJOY CAT HOTEL – CATTERY IN BERKSHIRE
- We will need to see a current vaccination certificate with up-to-date vaccinations against Cat Flu and Feline Enteritis. Your veterinary surgeon can advise you on this. We prefer that the vaccinations are done at least 2 weeks before your cat arrives. We cannot accept any cat who has not been vaccinated within the last 12 months.
- We will ask for a contact telephone number.
- We will ask for the name and telephone number of your veterinary surgery. We will contact them, or our own vet, if at any point our trained staff are concerned about the health of your cat.
- All guests are housed individually, unless you wish your family of cats to holiday together.
- Each cat has a well-insulated, warm and comfortable bedroom area in an indoor chalet, and all have access to their own attached run. Some of the chalets are raised off the ground and access is via an easily climbed ladder. Please let us know when booking if your cat is elderly and would prefer a single level apartment.
- We provide comfortable beds and clean, warm bedding. But please feel free to bring along a favourite item of bedding or a toy so your cat feels at home straight away.
- All runs have a sneeze barrier between them.
- Heating is provided in the winter and on any other chilly days.
- We have a separate kitchen for preparing meals.
- We serve high quality branded foods. We have available Hills, Whiskas and Felix amongst others. But please tell us what your cat normally prefers and we will do our best to provide it.
- Please tell us if your cat has any special dietary needs. If your cat is on a veterinary prescription diet, please bring it with you, as we may not be able to obtain this ourselves.
- Our trained staff are very proficient at giving ongoing medication, including tablets!
- We are experienced at giving injections to diabetic cats, either once or twice daily, as advised by your veterinary surgeon.
- There is no extra charge for this service.
WHAT TO PACK
- Please feel free to bring along a favourite item of bedding or toy so your cat feels at home straight away.
- Don’t forget you cat’s vaccination certificate!
- Please bring any medication with you.
- Please bring your cat in a comfortable and secure carrying basket. Cardboard boxes are not safe.
We hope your cat has a very happy holiday with us!